Monday, November 12, 2007

From Patti Earl, Church Secretary

I have spent a lot of time lately wondering if there was something wrong with me. I watch people who have a way of speaking about their faith that left me feeling inadequate at best. Not being one to pretend to fit in, I found myself withdrawing from conversations that centered around God.
To come to terms with my perceived inadequacies, I started, again, from the very basics. I believe that God created all things. I believe He loves me and is in control of my life. I believe His Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins. I believe He instilled in me certain traits, skills, and gifts that make me who I am. I, also, believe I can not even begin to understand Him or who He truly is in his “wholeness”.
I am awed by God. I see his creation and am dumbfounded by the beauty of it. I can not put that feeling into words. I am confused by things that happen that seem unloving and unkind. I can not simply accept them without questioning why. I find comfort and hope in the Bible but I can not pretend I completely understand it and the history behind it.
Does God know all of this about me? You betcha! Does He love me less because I am not a gifted communicator or have these questions? Absolutely not! I believe in the words of the song, “Just as I am….O, Lamb of God, I come.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.